Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Neighbour to Neighbour Centre!
Below is important information to remember:
- Inquiring about available volunteer roles, and letting us know the role you’re interested in are the first steps to volunteering at N2N, but do not guarantee a position.
- Before you begin volunteering in an available role, you attend a pre-entry orientation, where you fill out the Volunteer Form and sign a Pledge of Confidentiality – an agreement to keep private the personal information of all people associated with the Centre, especially those who access and participate in our services and programs.
- The purpose of the volunteer form is to get a better idea of who you are and how you would like to help. By learning about you, we can ensure a volunteer experience that is meaningful to you and also enriches our work.
- Volunteer shift times vary from program to program, but many require a 3.5-hr./week commitment. Volunteer shifts happen on weekdays and Saturdays. We are closed on Sundays. Click here to see if volunteer shift times work with your availability.
- Only volunteers who work one-on-one with the individuals who access/participate in N2N services/programs require a background check. We will provide you with a letter to present to Hamilton Police Services to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS).
- We will train you before you begin a volunteer role.
- Once you begin a volunteer role, your form will be entered into an electronic database. We are committed to protecting the personal information you provide and adhere to the privacy of information principles of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
Please download and print the orientation form below. Fill the form out and bring it with you to orientation.