Neighbour to Neighbour offers emergency food support in our food bank to 1,200 families (3,500 individuals) per month by providing 5 -7 days of essential food – fruits and vegetables, meat, dairy, bread and vital non-perishable items.
We strive to make good food a priority and ensure our clients have consistent access to food high in nutritional value. A lack of healthy food has lasting effects on people’s physical and mental health. We focus on providing healthy nutritious foods while engaging recipients to help us define and meet their needs. In addition, clients are connected to a variety of additional community resources through our trained community counsellors.
PLEASE NOTE: The Neighbour to Neighbour Food bank serves the Hamilton Mountain community. Food bank participants must have a Hamilton Mountain address. Food bank clients are required to make an appointment for EVERY visit at 905-574-1334 ext. 300.
During COVID, we are reducing the number of clients in our waiting area. We ask for your patience as we enforce physical distancing and only allow one household member in the food bank at any given time.
Neighbour to Neighbour Food Bank Hours:
Monday to Wednesday: 9:30 am – 3:30 pm (Closed 12:00 noon- 12:45pm for lunch hours)
Thursday: 12:30 pm – 7:15 pm (Closed 3:15- 3:45pm for lunch hours)
Food Bank Lunch Hours- Closed:
Monday to Wednesday 12:00 pm – 12:45 pm
Thursday 3:15 pm – 3:45 pm
Your Foodbank Visit
Our Food Bank is located at:
28 Athens Street, Hamilton
- You MUST make an appointment BEFORE you come. Call 905-574-1334 ext 300. If we are not able to answer, leave a message. We will call you back as soon as we can.
- At your appointment you will be offered a prepared box of non-perishables as well as a choice of fresh fruits and vegetables, meat and dairy items.
- First-time shoppers must provide proper documentation. See below for details.
First-time shoppers must provide all of the following documents:
- ID for all household members – Driver’s license; Birth Certificate; Immigration Papers; Permanent Resident Card; etc.
- Proof of Address – Phone Bill; Utility Bill; Bank Statement; Cheque Stub
- Proof of Income – Cheque Stub from Employment or ODSP, OW, CPP, EI, recent bank statement
- You MUST make an appointment BEFORE all visits. Call 905-574-134 ext. 300. If we are not able to answer, leave a message. We will call you back as soon as we can.
Challenging the Norm
Proactive Life Education