N2N Math Success Program
The N2N Math Success Program provides Grade 7 & 8 students the opportunity to work with trained volunteers, once or twice a week, to improve their math skills.
Goals of the Math Program:
• To improve their math skills, build proficiency and self-confidence.
• Acquire knowledge to support their successful transition into high school.
• Build relationships to help create “social capital” or “support systems”.
• Take part in mentorship and counselling that will help participants set goals and build aspirations for potential career paths.
Model of the Math Program:
• Math assistance offered twice a week, for 25 weeks after school.
• Tutors work with 1-3 students, for 45-60 minutes.
• Students are consistently assessed and given feedback on their work.
• Tutors are instructed and supervised by professional educators.
Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board (HWDSB)
Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board (HWCDSB)
“There was one math concept that a student was really struggling with at the beginning of the session, and by the end, with my help, they were able to do it on their own. That was the most rewarding moment of the program.”
“This has been a positive experience and we very much appreciate my child having been given the opportunity. Their confidence has increased greatly.”
Our education programming has been put on hold due to the COVID-19 school closures. We hope to be back up and running in the fall. We wish our students and families a safe and happy summer.