Help With Electricity Bills
The Low-income Energy Assistance Plan (LEAP)
The Low-Income Energy Assistance Plan (LEAP) for electricity customers in Hamilton is not available. Please see information below.
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE ONTARIO ENERGY BOARD
Effective immediately, the OEB is extending the current ban on electricity disconnections for non-payment for all residential customers to July 31, 2020. Low-volume, small business customers will now also be protected by the ban. In addition, the OEB is calling on distributors to be more flexible on arrears payment arrangements.
From March 24 to May 8, 2020, residential, farm and small business time-of-use customers will pay the lowest rate — also known as the off-peak price — 24 hours a day. That means you will pay 10.1 ¢/kWh no matter what time of day you use electricity. This rate will be automatically applied to your bill.
If you are a residential customer and have fallen behind on paying your natural gas bill with Enbridge Gas or Union Gas, please call United Way of Simcoe Muskoka toll free number to see if you qualify for a LEAP grant: 1-855-487-5327
“I received help with more than just money toward my bills. I had no idea that there was so much help available for people during tough times.”
Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP)
- Low-Income households can be eligible to receive a credit on their electricity bills.
- The OESP is an Ontario energy Board (OEB) program that lowers electricity bills for lower-income households.
- The OESP provides a monthly credit to eligible customers based on household income and household size.
- The OESP credits are applied directly to the bills of eligible customers.
- You can apply at any time. There is no application deadline, but the sooner you apply and are accepted in the OESP, the sooner you will begin to receive the on-bill credits.
- You can find additional information about this program here
- If you would like to apply, you can call us to book an appointment – 905 574 1334 ext. 207