Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Neighbour to Neighbour Centre!
The purpose of this form is to get a better idea of who you are and how you would like to help. By learning about you, we can ensure a volunteer experience that is meaningful to you and also enriches our work.
Here is important information to remember:
• Before beginning volunteer role, you will sign a Pledge of Confidentiality and agree to keep private the information of all people associated with the Centre, especially those who access and participate in the Centre’s services and programs.
• Volunteer shift times vary from program to program, but many require a 3.5-hr./week commitment, Monday thru Saturday. Click here to see if volunteer shift times work with your availability.
• Only volunteers that work one-on-one with the individuals who access/participate in N2N services/programs require a background check. We will provide you a letter to present to Hamilton Police Services to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS).
• An application to volunteer is the first step to volunteering at N2N and does not guarantee a volunteer position. After you attend an orientation to our mission, values and programs, we will review your application form and if volunteer opportunities are available, we will let you know.
• We will train you before you begin a volunteer role.
• Once you begin a volunteer role, your application form will be entered into an electronic database. We are committed to protecting the personal information you provide and adhere to the privacy of information principles of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).