Help With Electricity Bills
The Low-income Energy Assistance Plan (LEAP)
If you’re behind on your electricity bill and face having your service disconnected, you may qualify for emergency financial help through the Low-income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP). There are also special customer services rules available for low-income households. You need to meet certain criteria to qualify for these programs, and must go through one of the intake agencies in Ontario listed below.
We can assist low-income families who are in arrears on their electricity bills. Up to $500 can be paid to the utility company if a family needs this emergency assistance.
You can find additional information about this program here
This program is no longer available for 2019. Please check back in March 2020 for updates on the return of this service.
“I received help with more than just money toward my bills. I had no idea that there was so much help available for people during tough times.”
Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP)
- Low-Income households can be eligible to receive a credit on their electricity bills.
- The OESP is an Ontario energy Board (OEB) program that lowers electricity bills for lower-income households.
- The OESP provides a monthly credit to eligible customers based on household income and household size.
- The OESP credits are applied directly to the bills of eligible customers.
- You can apply at any time. There is no application deadline, but the sooner you apply and are accepted in the OESP, the sooner you will begin to receive the on-bill credits.
- You can find additional information about this program here
- If you would like to apply, you can call us to book an appointment – 905 574 1334 ext. 207