Neighbour to Neighbour offers emergency food support in our food bank to 1,200 families (3,500 individuals) per month by providing 5 -7 days of essential food – fruits and vegetables, meat, dairy, bread and vital non-perishable items.
We strive to make good food a priority and ensure our clients have consistent access to food high in nutritional value. A lack of healthy food has lasting effects on people’s physical and mental health. We focus on providing healthy nutritious foods while engaging recipients to help us define and meet their needs. In addition, clients are connected to a variety of additional community resources through our trained community counsellors.
Our welcoming grocery store allows our guests to browse and shop for food at no cost once a month. Our unique shopping experience gives clients the dignity and comfort of choosing groceries for their family.
NEIGHBOUR TO NEIGHBOUR CENTRE FOOD BANK HOURS:
Monday to Wednesday:
Thursday: 12:30pm – 7:30pm
First-time shoppers must provide all of the following documents:
- ID for all household members – Driver’s license; Birth Certificate; Immigration Papers; Permanent Resident Card; etc.
- Proof of Address – Phone Bill; Utility Bill; Bank Statement; Cheque Stub
- Proof of Income – Cheque Stub from Employment or ODSP, OW, CPP, EI, recent bank statement
- Points are given based on family size to be spent on items in the store. Our goal is to provide
- 5-7 days’ worth of food for each visit. Friendly volunteers are here to offer support, answer questions, and assist with shopping needs.
Lead our community to an improved quality of life.
Challenging the Norm
Proactive Life Education
Integrity, Leadership, Inclusivity