Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Neighbour to Neighbour Centre (Hamilton). N2N volunteers reflect the diversity of our community, and are the heart of our Centre – integral to our past and vital to our future.
The purpose of this application form is to get a better idea of who you are, and how you would like to help. By learning about you, we can ensure a volunteer experience that is meaningful to you and also enriches our work. Here is important information to remember:
- Before beginning a volunteer role, you will sign a Pledge of Confidentiality and agree to keep private the information of all people associated with the Centre, especially those who access and participate in the Centre’s services and programs.
- Volunteer shift times vary from program to program, but many require a 3.5 hr./week commitment. (Please see the Volunteer Shifts section to see when volunteer opportunities are offered).
- Only volunteers that work one-on-one with the individuals who access/participate in N2N services/programs require a Vulnerable Sector Screening (VSS); we will provide you a letter to present to Hamilton Police Services to obtain a VSS.
- An application to volunteer is the first step to volunteering at N2N and does not a guarantee a volunteer position. After you attend an orientation* to our mission, values and programs, we will review your application form and if volunteer opportunities are available, we will let you know.
- We will train you before you begin a volunteer role.
- Once you begin a volunteer role, your application form will be entered into an electronic data base. We are committed to protecting the personal information you provide and adhere to the privacy of information principles of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
* In 2018, orientations will take place on these dates.
- Thurs. Feb. 8th, 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Fri. Mar. 2nd, 1:30 p.m. – 3 p.m. (P.A. Day in both school boards)
- Wed. Apr. 11th, 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Mon. May 14th, 1:30 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Thurs. June 14th, 6 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.