Thank you for your interest in Volunteering at Neighbour to Neighbour Centre. Volunteers are the heart of our Centre – integral to our past and vital to our future.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age, or be accompanied by an adult.
- Math Success Tutors can be younger (i.e. grade 9 or 10).
- Only positions where volunteers work with children or one-on-one with clients require a Vulnerable Sector Screening; we will provide you a request letter to present to Hamilton Police Services.
- An orientation to N2N’s Mission and Values session, and all applicable training will take place prior to placement. In 2017, orientations will take place at 28 Athens St. on these dates:
- Fri. Mar. 3rd, 1:30-3 p.m.
- Wed. Apr. 5th, 1-2:30 p.m.
- Mon. May 1st, 1-2:30 p.m.
- Thurs. Jun. 8th, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Wed. Jul. 12th, 1-2:30 p.m.
- Mon. Aug. 14th, 1:30-3 p.m.
- Week of Sept 11-15 (time to be announced)
- Week of Oct 2-6 (time to be announced)
- Week of Oct 23-27 (time to be announced)
- Week of Nov 13-17 (time to be announced)
- Once completed, this form becomes the property of Neighbour to Neighbour Centre (Hamilton).
- All volunteer applications are reviewed according to available volunteer opportunities, program capacity and in accordance with position descriptions. An application to volunteer does not guarantee acceptance.
Privacy of Information
The Centre adheres to PIPEDA’S (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act) principles regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, and is committed to protecting your personal information and that of your references.
If you would like to volunteer with Neighbour to Neighbour Centre, complete this form. We will contact you shortly with information about next steps.