1:1 Financial Counselling
Money Matters one-on-one financial counselling is available Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons, or other times if needed. Call for an appointment: 905-574-1334 x208
- Drafting and updating a household budget
- Organizing and explaining bills, paperwork, collection letters, government forms, credit reports
- Calls to creditors to negotiate debt repayment
- Calls to government agencies to rectify issues or access new program supports
- Discussion and encouragement around modifying spending habits to better live within income assistance with application forms: government, housing supports, etc.
- Assistance with application forms: government, housing supports, etc.
“Meeting with the Counsellor and talking about my finances helped me make a plan. It feels like a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders!”